where words don't do justice for the moments contained
Nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the couple chose the stunning Skyline Lodge as the backdrop for their nuptials. The decision to rent out the entire lodge for the weekend added a layer of intimacy and exclusivity, creating a private retreat where family and friends could come together to celebrate love in the crisp mountain air.
When Anna and Hill came to me over a year ago to document their love story, I knew their celebration was going to be something special. After a picturesque engagement photoshoot in the charming Blowing Rock, NC (stay tuned for the blog post on that!), the couple embarked on a journey to create not just a wedding day, but an entire weekend filled with love, laughter, and unforgettable moments.
1. Extended Celebration: One of the biggest advantages of a wedding weekend is the chance to extend the celebration beyond a single day. Anna and Hill’s loved ones didn’t just witness their vows; they shared in a series of events, from the rehearsal dinner to a day-after brunch, creating a tapestry of memories that will last a lifetime.
2. Quality Time with Loved Ones: In the hustle and bustle of a one-day wedding, couples often find themselves wishing they had more time with each guest. A wedding weekend provides the opportunity for genuine connections, as family and friends relax, unwind, and enjoy quality time together.
3. Relaxed Atmosphere: Anna and Hill envisioned a laid-back weekend, and that’s exactly what they got. With the lodge exclusively reserved for their guests, the atmosphere was one of ease and joy. From hiking excursions (check AllTrails for the best hikes!) to late-night bonfires, Anna and Hill’s wedding weekend in Highlands, NC, allowed everyone to revel in the festivities without the rush of a single-day event.
4. Stress-Free Logistics: Breaking away from the one-day wedding model also meant less stress for the couple and their guests. There was ample time for setup, coordination, and adjustments, ensuring that every detail was perfect without the pressure of a tight schedule.
5. Breathtaking Backdrops: The beauty of a mountainous landscape provides an ever-changing canvas for wedding festivities. From the golden hues of sunset during the ceremony to the misty mornings for brunch, Anna and Hill’s wedding weekend in Highlands, NC, showcased the natural beauty of their chosen location.
As a wedding photographer, the joy of capturing these moments is unparalleled. Every laugh, every tear, and every quiet moment had the space to unfold organically, resulting in a collection of images that truly reflected the depth and breadth of Anna and Hill’s love story.
In the coming blog post, we’ll delve into the magic of their engagement shoot in Blowing Rock, NC. Until then, let Anna and Hill’s wedding weekend in Highlands, NC, serve as an inspiration for couples looking to create a celebration that goes beyond the ordinary—one that embraces the beauty of love and the charm of a mountain escape.
Stay tuned for more tales of love and breathtaking landscapes!
The Venue: Skyline Lodge Nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the couple chose the stunning Skyline Lodge as the backdrop for their nuptials. The decision to rent out the entire lodge for the weekend added a layer of intimacy and exclusivity, creating a private retreat where family and friends could come together […]
When it comes to choosing the perfect backdrop for your fall wedding, the picturesque Orion School and Chapel in Jefferson, North Carolina, is a hidden gem that promises to make your wedding day truly unique. With its stunning natural beauty, charming rustic vibes, and a touch of autumn magic, this quaint chapel nestled in the […]
A destination engagement session in Oregon? YES. Just outside of Portland and 20 minutes north of Cannon Beach, this little beach town called Gearhart is a haven. It’s been almost a year since I first laid eyes on the beautiful Oregon landscapes. Wide beaches, lush forest, jagged cliffs… man do I miss it. I had […]
A wedding day is a celebration of love, commitment, and the beginning of a beautiful journey for two souls. On August 12th I had the opportunity to document this picturesque European inspired wedding at Hotel Domestique in upstate South Carolina. Despite a brief rain delay before the ceremony, the day unfolded into a breathtaking display […]
Brooklyn, New York is my idea of a perfect location for an elopement. From the scenic views of the Brooklyn Bridge to the charming streets of Dumbo, there are so many breathtaking spots to choose from. If you’re looking into eloping in NYC, and Brooklyn specifically, here are a few tips to help make your […]
Nothing compares to a November elopement featuring an Intimate Candlelit Dinner in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Just 20 minutes outside of Asheville, this stunning VRBO and Elopement Venue, Mount Airy Farm, sits on about 40 acres of private property in Leicester. Given that the house is surrounded on all sides by mountain views, there’s no […]
Maddie + Austin. These two are SO fun and their love and happiness with each other beyond evident. I couldn’t count how many times “I love you” was said if I had to. Since they love the highlands so much and it holds so many memories for them, it only made sense that they would […]
When Gwendolyn came to me with her request for edgy, but modern and cool couples photos for her and her husband, Briar, I was all about it. I love out of the box photos for couples, especially when it’s on the minimal side! Gwen showed up in her stunningggg Free People Set , I knew […]
These two have true hearts of gold, and although I’ve known them for such a short time, I want to know them forever. Melissa and Doug invited me up to the Jersey shore and Long Branch to photograph their wedding and document them in a way that felt natural to them. It was such an […]
From the historic getting ready space in the heart of Tryon, NC to the wedding location just 20 minutes away at the beautiful Overmountain Vineyards, this mountain garden party wedding was filled with character and charm. The 1825 Cabin, known as “Pea Ridge Cabin“, served as the perfect space for Savanna and her closest friends […]
"We cried when we saw the photos for the first time. Nothing will ever compare to those memories. We will cherish them always, our first precious family heirloom."
Join the email list to get first dibs on new freebies, sales, and exciting new ventures!